February 17 – Loving
March 16 – Celebration
April 20 – Heroes
May 18 – Gratitude
June 15 – Lost and Found
July 20 – First Jobs
August 17 – Water
September 21 – Transofrmation
October 19 – Scared
While the Lehigh Valley Story Slam is a competition, please be assured we don’t take the competitive part too seriously. Our goal is to provide a fun night of stories for the audience, and we are always thrilled to see new participants hop on-stage. If you’ve been thinking about telling a story, the Lehigh Valley Story Slam is a great venue to get on stage for the first time!
The best advice we’ve heard is this: Know the first sentence of your story and know the last sentence of your story. If you know where you are starting and have your destination in sight, you’ll do just fine!
Official Rules for the Lehigh Valley Story Slam are as follows:
– Storytellers register* upon arrival. Names are drawn out of a hat to decide order of presentation.
– Stories should fit into the theme of the night! (Check Schedule!)
– Stories should be true as you remember it!
– Stories should be under five minutes in length!
– No Notes, No Props, No Music!